C++ is one of the most powerful programming languages. It was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in the year of 1983 at Bell Labs as an enhancement to the C programming language.
C++ is a general-purpose programming language and is widely used nowadays for competitive programming. The concept of Object Oriented programming became popular practically by C++. In C++, we dive into depth of pointers and memory management. C++ runs on lots of platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac etc and is platform dependent.
There are lots of Programming languages such as C, Python, Java, Perl, php, etc. Each and every language has its own features and usability. But why do we learn C++?
- Because it is very close to hardware as it has features of pointers and is derived from C language (which was developed for System designing).
- C++ is faster than other programming languages because it is a compiled programming language and it doesn't have any concept of garbage collection.
Features of C++
- Mid-Level Programming Language
- Flexible and Simple
- Machine Independent but Platform dependent
- Speed of Execution is fast
- Rich Libraries support
- Object Oriented Programming Language
Usage of C++
- Window application
- Operating System and System Programming
- Client-Server application
- Device Drivers
- Embedded Firmware
- Graphics and Game engine
- Database engine
- Cloud/Distributed System
Examples :- Chrome, Firefox, Abode products, etc are written in C++ language.