What is Python?
Python is a computer programming language often used to build websites and software, automate tasks, and conduct data analysis. Python is a general-purpose language, meaning it can be used to create a variety of different programs and isn't specialized for any specific problems.
Why is python popular?
The python language is one of the most accessible programming languages available because it has simplified syntax and not complicated, which gives more emphasis on natural language. Due to its ease of learning and usage, python codes can be easily written and executed much faster than other programming languages.
What is the application areas of python?
Web and Internet Development
Python has many uses for web development including
1. Django and Pyramid Frameworks for complex web apps
2. Flask and Bottle micro-framework for light applications
Scientific and Numeric
1. Widely used in scientific and numeric computing.
2. This is in the fields of mathematics and Data science
3. Popular libraries like scikit learn, pandas, NLTK, NumPy, SciPy used in data anaylis, machine-learning, AI, NLP and much more
Used for teaching programming both fundamentals and advanced levels.
Used as a support language for software development, testing and build control
Best ways to learn python.
1. Figure out why you need to learn python.
This acts as a driving force to what you need to achieve and setting the goals you want to achieve after running python.
Pick an area you are interested in such as :
- Data science / Machine learning
- Mobile apps
- Data processing and analysis
- Hardware / Sensors / Robots
- Scripts to automate your work
Select one or two areas that interests you and which will eventually help in building projects with them.
2. Learn the basic Syntax.
This is key to any programming language. You have to understand the basic syntax to be able to come up with structured and more complex projects.
3. Come up with structured projects
This will help you apply knowledge you have learned and aids in opening you mind and digging deep to complex projects and will greatly help in your learning.
4. More practice and more projects
Involve yourself in more projects and do more practice to master the concepts
Python installation and best practices
Check the python documentation for installation on the various platforms Python Installation Guide
Also visit the python docs for best practice when writing you python code Python Best Practices Guide
All the best in your python career. Happy Coding!!!💯